Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tool used for burning an ESXi 5.0 ISO to USB for installation

I know I’m bound to forget this one day as I did today when I had to upgrade a few ESXi 4.1 blades to 5.0.  The blades don’t have CD/DVD-ROMs so I had to burn an ISO to my USB stick.  I did this a few weeks ago with a tool that I couldn’t remember so I got on Google to try to find it.  Having no clue what the tool was name, I came across this one as it was the first result on the Google search results:  http://www.isotousb.com/  So I went ahead to burn the VMware-VMvisor-Installer-5.0.0-469512.x86_64.ISO file but noticed that the installer doesn’t book properly.

After searching around to try and retrace my previous steps, I noticed the following icon on my desktop:

unetbootin-windows-563.exe

image

This was when I remembered that this was the tool I used.  I went ahead and burned the ESXi 5.0 installer ISO onto my USB stick and it now boots properly.

No comments: